This message is given by Yours Truly. During this past week, I had the unfortunate opportunity to attend my grandmother's funeral. The funeral was held at the Carleton-Kirk Chapel in the west end of Saint John, New Brunswick. As expected, it was a very difficult experience for me and my entire family. For the entire period of my life (which is 27 years) I have had the privilege of having one grandmother. Yet, even though I never knew both of my grandfathers and one of my grandmothers, Nan was the complete package. I said to my family this week that "I know that I was not the best grandson, but Nan really was the best grandmother". She never missed a beat when it came to her family. She never missed sending a card for my birthday, anniversary, graduation, holidays, etc... and was always there when you needed someone to talk to (although I wish that I did this more often). Even though she only met Carter once, she loved him more than anyone could imagine, and always sent him cards and "hugs and kisses" whenever the occasion would allow. I sure do miss her, but I know that she was happy, and lived to the ripe old age of 91. Rest in peace Nan.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Dedicated to my Grandmother, who passed away on December 14, 2008.
Posted by Murray*Amber*Carter at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I am so sorry Murray. Chin up, we love you. :)
Have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment